I’ve been wanting a Frida Kahlo inspired head piece for a while, but feel as though it’s not exactly the best thing to wear every day. Here’s a little mini version with some of my own style added to it- aka the gold chain. Adding some gold chain can fix everything.
What you need:
- Glue Gun
- Flowers- any color will do. I find that going to Michael’s or Jo-Ann Fabrics to buy a whole bouquet is the cheapest. Just separate each flower and snip off as much of the stem as possible so they don’t show or stick out of the clip.
- Hair comb
- Gold Chain- I buy from Pacific Trimming
- Scissors- to cut the flowers with
- Gold Hoop Rings- to link the three gold chains to
- Pliers- to link the three chains to the gold hoop
To start, glue a few flowers to the clip. Then, link your three chains to the golden hoops. There should two gold hoops that attach to both ends of the chains. In order to get the chain onto the clip, just glue it down. I hung mine over top of one of the flower stems.
Then, do the same with the other side of the chain. Keep gluing flowers down so that there is a large quantity of them and you don’t see the base of the clip. Once you’ve done that, you’re done! Pretty simple.